There really is no greater subtle statement of status in a restaurant than having a great bottle of wine on your table. The surrounding tables all take notice. It is a declaration of class and announces to the dining room that you can afford the finer things in life. It is a reward. It is […]
Tag Archives | Wine
Search engine results are one of the most amusing parts of writing a blog. I get to see what people are searching for that lands them on this page. Almost every day someone lands on this page looking for sales techniques. Upon closer examination I am seeing a trend of the phrasing of the searches. […]
I was recently having a conversation with a group of co-workers including one who I had trained the week before. The topic of Mezcal came up. I gave up drinking years ago and well before the current Mezcal craze hit the Midwest. The new server, with an impressive bartending resume, began to describe it to […]
Great restaurants are often built around one or two signature entrees. These meals get people talking to their friends and coming back again the next week. Every menu has a few dishes that stand out from the rest. Conversely, every menu has items that are not as well received. Knowing how to steer your guests […]
Who doesn’t les love a great story? Even before written language, humans cheap nfl jerseys shared stories to remember their great moments. When we are children, our The parents read us stories and as adults we read them to our children. When we are with the people we have known the longest we tell stories […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Five Questions To Know For A Restaurant Server Interview January 25, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.