If we are going to be honest, we have to admit that most restaurant server training manuals do not adequately prepare servers to create highly satisfied guests and make above average tips.Â In fact, most server training manuals leave waiters and waitresses frustrated and demoralized.Â Corporations spend absurd amounts of money training servers on sales […]
Archive | Best of Tips Squared RSS feed for this section
Since most of you are not from Kansas City, a bit of background is in order.Â The most popular show on our local public television station is called Check Please.Â It is a show that allows three people to talk about their favorite restaurant.Â Each of the three guests selects a restaurant and all three […]
I spend a fair amount of time on the sister site of this blog discussing guest behaviors that annoy servers.Â I am sometimes a guest as well.Â On the occasions when I take my tips and spend them at a restaurant, I expect quality service.Â While I tend to not critique servers, there are definitely […]
Yesterday, I took a moment to give thanks to a number of people in the Kansas City restaurant community I am incredibly grateful for.Â Today, I feel there is an issue in this community that I can no longer ignore.Â Last week we suffered a tremendous loss as a community when one of our brightest […]
Before there was The Hospitality Formula Network, or even my original blog on serving, there was draft of what would become Tips2: Tips For Improving Your Tips.Â I was determined to make this book more than a â€œServing For Rookiesâ€ version of a generic training manual.Â The contents of the book and of this website […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.