As discussed yesterday, Yahoo ran a front-page story from creditcards.com on Friday discussing types of people who you cannot trust with your credit card. The Yahoo headline is pictured above and makes it clear that servers are on the list. While the actual article includes eight groups, the headline very clearly implies that you should […]
Archive | Defending Servers RSS feed for this section
On Friday, I hopped over to Yahoo To check my email.Â I have used Yahoo as my primary search engine and for my personal email account for as long as I can remember.Â This time the screen pictured above greeted me.Â The picture caught my eye.Â It looked like a guest handing a customer a […]
After 15 years in the restaurant industry, I can still be surprised at how little some people know about how the industry works.Â Restaurants operate in a manner far different than most businesses in the United States.Â While most Americans are familiar with restaurants from dining out, very few are aware of the working conditions […]
I am trying to fight through the worst bout of writerâ€™s block I have had since I started writing this blog.Â I started at least three different posts yesterday that ended up in the recycle bin.Â In my last post I promised to get back to some server related posts, but my brain has forced […]
For those of you who missed it, this blog was written up in the local alternative weekly paper. If you want to check out the story (or just find a really cheesy waiter pic of me), click here. I do feel it necessary to point out that I am far more humble than the article […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.