Â tagged banquets, can a restaurant keep part of my tips, gratuity, is a service charge legal, is a service charge the same as a tip, keeping part of the tip, large psrties, maggianos, mandatory service charge, private parties, restaurant lawsuit, server lawsuit, service charge, service charge in restaurant, stealing tips, Tips, what is a service […]
Archive | The Server Wage RSS feed for this section
Is A Service Charge A Gratuity?
Refuting Emmer’s Myths
(For my previous posts on Tom Emmer, click here) For those of you who havenâ€™t been following the Tom Emmer story in the last week, let me bring you up to speed.Â Last Saturday in one of the most patronizing publicity stunts I have ever witnessed, Tom Emmer â€œwaited tables.â€Â I put this in quotation […]
A Few More Thoughts On Emmer
I covered this issue in yesterdayâ€™s post, but have since ran across several interesting pieces of information I wanted to pass along.Â MN Gov Nominee Tom Emmer said in a recent stop at the Eagle Street Grille that the owners had told him three of their employees were making over $100,000 a year as a […]
Fighting For The Server Wage
A brief disclaimer: This is not a political blog.Â I am not looking to get into politics with it.Â I will only enter the political realm when it is specifically relevant to servers.Â Â This is one of those cases. Tom Emmer is a State Representative in Minnesota and the presumable Republican Nominee for Governor.Â In […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.