Â Some of the most common questions I receive from friends are regarding upcoming server job interviews.Â They want to know what questions to expect and the best answers to give.Â The first part is easy because there are five questions you can expect in most every server interview.Â The second part is a bit more […]
Archive | Job Hunting RSS feed for this section
Lately I have spent a great deal of time playing restaurant matchmaker.Â One of the cool, but unexpected, results of writing this blog is getting to know some of the top restaurant owners in the area.Â I always encourage them to let me know when they have a job opening.Â This is handy because it […]
The start of the year is always a time of transition. Most servers are in their best financial situation of the year after coming out of the holiday season when you might need to apply for a bad credit loans guaranteed approval. This often leads to them setting a new yearâ€™s resolution to find a […]
â€œYou should never write your own resume, personal ad, or obituary.Â In all three cases it is better to show your humility by letting someone else lie for you.â€ -David Hayden Every since picking up a copy of Peterâ€™s Quotations in high school it has been a personal goal of mine to quote myself in […]
Job hunting is like going to the dentist.Â Nobody really likes it, but if you avoid it long enough eating becomes difficult.Â Filling out a pile of applications asking the same questions in hopes that one of them will land you a job can be a real pain in the neck.Â Unfortunately, this is still […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.