Search engine results are one of the most amusing parts of writing a blog. I get to see what people are searching for that lands them on this page. Almost every day someone lands on this page looking for sales techniques. Upon closer examination I am seeing a trend of the phrasing of the searches. […]
Tag Archives | Money
Rule Three: Generic Servers Receive Generic Tips. We all have seen it before. The server who walks up to a table and lifelessly repeats the corporate approved script when greeting a table. They seem as if they are only about three more repetitions from developing a facial tick from irritation. No inflection or […]
For those of you who missed it, this blog was written up in the local alternative weekly paper. If you want to check out the story (or just find a really cheesy waiter pic of me), click here. I do feel it necessary to point out that I am far more humble than the article […]
Note: If you missed the first part of this series that outlined steak cuts and the USDA grading system, you can find it by clicking here) I had a dream about cows last night. I have consumed more information about cows and steaks in the last week than any man really should. I also consumed […]
No single topic addressed in this blog is more fundamental to being a successful server than budgeting. This is the cause of a majority of issues servers have and the primary reason so many servers leave the business. Nothing can make a shift harder than needing to make money. Anxiety, stress, frustration, and most other […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.