Since the release of my book, I have had a chance to do a fair number of interviews. After the end of the formal interview, I have twice now been told how rare it is to find someone who looks at serving as a profession. This usually leads me to a correction. I think there […]
Warning: Illegal string offset 'singular_portfolio_taxonomy' in /home/davhdnt2/tipssquared.com/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-functions.php on line 803
Archive | Best of Tips Squared RSS feed for this section
It is with a great deal of pride and excitement that I can finally announce the release of my first book: Tips2: Tips For Improving Your Tips. I have been teasing this big announcement for months and am glad to finally be making it, even though for regular readers it may be akin to Mitt […]
We all know that a good joke can really lighten the mood with a table. Most servers are also aware that we are not stand up comedians. Standing in front of your table and telling a two minute joke is not your job. It is a fine line for a server. You need a joke […]
In the time that I have been writing this blog, I have provided a large number of tips on sales and describing food. Each of the individual posts provides tools and guidelines to help you sell the food most likely to create happy and returning guests. Used individually these techniques can help you increase the […]
This morning I woke up a little more groggy than normal. As I was making my morning spin around the internets, I ran across a post from our friend the only slightly cranky waitress about rapport. It seems her company has taken this up as a replacement for “hospitality” as their new Beetlejuice word. I […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- Meeting The Rude Restaurant Guest The Next Day May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Five Questions To Know For A Restaurant Server Interview January 25, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.