I truly want Tips For Improving Your Tips to become the web’s premeir site for server knowledge and the skills that help server’s increase their income.Â This site is filled with over 100 posts that help further that goal.Â This also means that can be a bit daunting to read.Â In order to make it […]
Tag Archives | tipsfortips
I am kind of a pain to go eat with.Â When I make reservations or arrive at any number of restaurants I have a conversation with the host/hostess.Â Before being seated I have to determine if certain servers are working that night. Â Then we all have to wait to get a table in their section. […]
Rule Ten: Pessimism is a self-fulfilling prophecy Every restaurant has at least one server who is chronically pessimistic.Â They come in for every shift expecting the worse.Â Even when they are proven wrong they find a reason to complain.Â If the ceiling started raining hundred dollar bills, they would complain about having to pay […]
One of the most difficult situations any server faces is the hostile guest.Â I call them hostile, because they are angry with you long before you have even greeted them.Â Some people just bring all the hostility of their day in to a restaurant and dump it on their server.Â From the moment you greet […]
â€œSubtlety is the art of saying what you think and getting out of the way before it is understood.â€ â€“Anonymous Â We as a society have really lost the power of subtlety.Â It could be because we have lost the patience to unravel it.Â We receive far more information on a daily basis than our […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.