I truly want Tips For Improving Your Tips to become the web’s premeir site for server knowledge and the skills that help server’s increase their income. This site is filled with over 100 posts that help further that goal. This also means that can be a bit daunting to read. In order to make it […]
Tag Archives | tips for improving tips
When I started my first serving job years ago I worked for a company I will affectionately refer to as “Five Four.” That isn’t what it says on the signs out front, but it what we all called it. My first day a manager who introduced himself as “CSV” told me that if I couldn’t […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- Meeting The Rude Restaurant Guest The Next Day May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Five Questions To Know For A Restaurant Server Interview January 25, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.