(Note: One thing that became apparent to me when I wrote â€œThe Best of Tips for Improving your Tipsâ€ last week was that I really need to wrap up my â€œRules of Servingâ€ series.Â This week I am going to post the final three rules.) Rule Eight: Never count your money until you run your […]
Tag Archives | The rules of serving
Â Rule Three: Generic Servers Receive Generic Tips. Â We all have seen it before.Â The server who walks up to a table and lifelessly repeats the corporate approved script when greeting a table.Â They seem as if they are only about three more repetitions from developing a facial tick from irritation.Â No inflection or […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.