The planet Earth produces more food than ever before.Â Tremendous advances in food sciences have lead a higher percentage of our planets population to be fed than in any time in the modern era.Â No person is more responsible for this than one of my personal heroes, Norman Borlaug.Â It is estimated that the advancements […]
Tag Archives | Sockeye Salmon
Salmon is one of the least understood items on most restaurant menus.Â Servers are often unaware of what type of salmon is served out of their kitchen.Â Even more commonly servers are unaware of the unique selling points of the species they offer.Â This is problematic because premium salmon can warrant a premium price.Â It […]
I spent most of my life disliking the flavor of salmon.Â Growing up most of the salmon I ate came from a can and was served in â€œpattyâ€ form.Â As I worked in casual dining restaurants I would occasionally try the salmon dishes only to be turned off by the lingering flavors it would leave […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.