The weekend is upon us.Â Friday and Saturday nights get busy and take a lot out of us.Â The pace is faster, the side stations are more crowded, and all of the saucers in the restaurant seem to hide.Â The guests do not seem to understand any of this and have far less patience.Â This […]
Tag Archives | Server Blog
(Note: I am enjoying the final day of my mini vacation.Â Having a great trip.Â Met my favorite musician and a personal hero yesterday.Â Today I will be taking the scenic drive through the Ozark hills of Central Missouri.Â This is a post I wroteÂ a coupleÂ months ago.Â Not my standard fare, but I hope you […]
I am a Mac guy.Â This means only the occasional interruption for updates from Microsoft.Â These are most often for Word for Macs.Â Yet in none of these updates have they added to my spell check dictionary words like â€œBarack Obama, Al Qaeda, or Facebook.â€Â If they do implement this change they can use this […]
I had lunch today with my friends Emma and Senor Esparza. Â They ate at Justus Drugstore last night. Â Justus is on the outermost outskirts of what could be considered Kansas City. Â In the few years that it has been open it has developed a reputation of being well worth the drive. Â I personally have never […]
One of the most time consuming tasks a manager faces during the week is writing the server schedule.Â Hours can be spent digging up scraps of paper and consulting server availability just to get coverage for a particular shift. Â This is followed by the inevitable complaints from people who work too little or too much.Â […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.