All of these people are really thinking about where to eat dinner. After all the years I have spent in this business, I thought I had encountered most every type of guest. Working for over 13 companies in restaurants around the country had left me confident of this. My current job proved me wrong. My […]
Tag Archives | Restaurant
Â The “how to” series continues this week with a lesson on how to fold a napkin. Â I will start with the standard triangle â€œstand upâ€ fold and then the more interesting â€œpouchâ€ fold.Â This may be very remedial to some, but most restaurants in America still use the standard â€œroll up.â€Â For the benefit of […]
Â In continuing the â€œhow toâ€ series on this blog, we are turning from glasses to how to carry threeÂ plates.Â Carrying three plates in one hand is one of the first tricks many servers are required to learn.Â You can always spot a new server as they carefully walk through the dining room with two […]
I truly want Tips For Improving Your Tips to become the web’s premeir site for server knowledge and the skills that help server’s increase their income.Â This site is filled with over 100 posts that help further that goal.Â This also means that can be a bit daunting to read.Â In order to make it […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.