I spend a fair amount of time on the sister site of this blog discussing guest behaviors that annoy servers.Â I am sometimes a guest as well.Â On the occasions when I take my tips and spend them at a restaurant, I expect quality service.Â While I tend to not critique servers, there are definitely […]
Tag Archives | improve tips
I truly want Tips For Improving Your Tips to become the web’s premeir site for server knowledge and the skills that help server’s increase their income.Â This site is filled with over 100 posts that help further that goal.Â This also means that can be a bit daunting to read.Â In order to make it […]
Â Last week, the skills focus discussed how to get permission from to recommend food to your guests.Â This is an incredibly important skill because it allows you to suggest the best items on your menu to your guests.Â This week I am going to address how to make those recommendations more effective.Â The key […]
Read any good books lately?Â When I sent out advanced copies of my book, I was hoping someone would say something nice about it in theirÂ reviews.Â All of the people who had read it previously did so to edit it.Â Something about getting back all the previous copies covered in red ink made me wonder […]
It is with a great deal of pride and excitement that I can finally announce the release of my first book: Tips2: Tips For Improving Your Tips.Â I have been teasing this big announcement for months and am glad to finally be making it, even though for regular readers it may be akin to Mitt […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.