This morning I woke up a little more groggy than normal.Â As I was making my morning spin around the internets, I ran across a post from our friend the only slightly cranky waitress about rapport.Â It seems her company has taken this up as a replacement for â€œhospitalityâ€ as their new Beetlejuice word.Â I […]
Tag Archives | guest
Years ago I had the good fortune of working for a man named John Maria.Â I have had many bosses over the years, but none had a better fundamental understanding of human nature than John.Â One day he gave me a book and told me to read it.Â He said the answer to almost every […]
There are a number of topics about serving and restaurants that are open for debate.Â The opinions are generally split between those who have been in the industry and those who have not.Â It is very similar to the political process as it currently stands.Â Most people have chosen either the Server Party or the […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.