As servers, we often must come up with complaint responses when we encounterÂ grievances that are not fully thought out.Â Whether it is that the dining room is too hot or the prices are too high.Â In many of these circumstances, we have nothing to do with the cause of the complaint.Â Usually, these are things […]
Tag Archives | guest complaints
A Murphy bed is probably something most of us are unfamiliar with by name.Â It is the name for a bed that folds down from the wall for sleeping and can be folded up into the wall after the occupant awakes.Â It was designed originally by the Murphy Bed Company.Â In 1989 an appellate court […]
One of the difficulties of the frantic posting regimen I have taken upon myself is trying to come up with new and interesting things to write about.Â I want this blog to be informative and provide real world tips that you can apply on your next shift to make more money.Â This is one of […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.