It happens every year. There is a phenomenon that I have never understood that is taking place. It defies all logic, but occurs annually like clockwork. It can only be summarized at a collective freak out that sweeps most of the nation simultaneously without anyone acknowledging it. People stop eating out for the first two […]
Tag Archives | eating out
I have one hard and fast rule when it comes to waiting tables. No one dies on my watch. I have had several guests leave the restaurant in an ambulance, but none of them have died. It is a simple thing, but it helps me sleep better at night. I may not be changing the […]
(Note: In the previous post I defined the growing market segment of “aspirational dining” restaurants. This is valuable background to this post and merits a read.) What sets the “aspirational dining” market segment apart was their creation of the perception that their food cost more because it was worth more. This perception is what made […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...