Welcome to the final installment of “best of” week on The Hospitality Formula Network. Today I am looking back to where it all began. Tips2 was the original focus when I began blogging. It is still the largest blog on the network and in my opinion the one that can have the most impact on […]
Tag Archives | Better
As you are reading this, I am most likely sitting in a courthouse awaiting a trial. Not my trial or anything of that nature. I was summoned for jury duty. If this is the last post for a while, you will know I was sequestered for the crime of the century. In anticipation of my […]
Note: If you missed the first part of this series that outlined steak cuts and the USDA grading system, you can find it by clicking here) I had a dream about cows last night. I have consumed more information about cows and steaks in the last week than any man really should. I also consumed […]
The space between reality and urban legend has spawned the story of the single greatest marketing idea ever. This phrase was so powerful that it nearly doubled the sale of the product it was written for. Two simple words that did not even need advertised. Two words that added to the label caused sales to […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Five Questions To Know For A Restaurant Server Interview January 25, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.