I truly want Tips For Improving Your Tips to become the web’s premeir site for server knowledge and the skills that help server’s increase their income.Â This site is filled with over 100 posts that help further that goal.Â This also means that can be a bit daunting to read.Â In order to make it […]
Tag Archives | bartender
I still occasionally get the guest who will say, â€œI can buy this wine for half this price at the store.â€Â Which is true, but it doesnâ€™t come with a staff to serve it and a crew of chefs ready to cook you an incredible meal from a fully stocked kitchen.Â I wonder if the […]
I still occasionally get the guest who will say, I can buy this wine for half this price at the store. Which is true, but it doesn’t come with a staff to serve it and a crew of chefs ready to cook you an incredible meal from a fully stocked kitchen. I wonder if the […]
Welcome to what I hope is the least appetizing post that will ever appear on my blog.Â While I typically try to discuss appetizing things, today I will talk about something less pleasant, fruit flies.Â The season is coming up here in the Midwest.Â I personally have had some epic battles with these pests over […]
There was a great debate last night at work about whether you cut the foil above or below the lip on a bottle of red wine.Â I did some research online which proved inconclusive.Â Then I remembered that I at least five certified sommeliers in my phone.Â Want to know the answer?Â Read on. I […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- What can I do to increase my online rank August 9, 2017
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- SD WAN Technology May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.