Read any good books lately? When I sent out advanced copies of my book, I was hoping someone would say something nice about it in their reviews. All of the people who had read it previously did so to edit it. Something about getting back all the previous copies covered in red ink made me wonder […]
Archive | Resources RSS feed for this section
It is with a great deal of pride and excitement that I can finally announce the release of my first book: Tips2: Tips For Improving Your Tips. I have been teasing this big announcement for months and am glad to finally be making it, even though for regular readers it may be akin to Mitt […]
Welcome to the final installment of “best of” week on The Hospitality Formula Network. Today I am looking back to where it all began. Tips2 was the original focus when I began blogging. It is still the largest blog on the network and in my opinion the one that can have the most impact on […]
One of the primary things I try to accomplish with these blogs is to provide a valuable reference source for the hospitality industry. I try to compile information and make it available to servers, managers, and foodies. So many sources of information are available online, but most are not designed specifically for servers. I try […]
This index is designed to put all of the information available at Tip²: Tips For Improving Your Tips at your fingertips. Click on any of the links below to find the topic you are interested in. The best way to stay up to date on all posts on this blog is to become a fan […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- Should Restaurant Servers Post Credit Card Receipts? October 23, 2013
- Meeting The Rude Restaurant Guest The Next Day May 23, 2013
- Transitioning From A Restaurant Manager To A Restaurant Server March 19, 2013
- The Blooper Reel February 14, 2013
- Five Questions To Know For A Restaurant Server Interview January 25, 2013
- Becki: As a server on sabbatical, I will say you were FAR...
- career server: The loser is the server who serves a table whose s...
- David Hayden: I found out about it when a friend who manages at ...
- Debbie Morella-Haynes: "This may seem like good news for servers, but it...
- Sugel: 6) Hours- This is a huge quality for life factor f...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.